The League shall be called the Welwyn Hatfield Netball League and shall be affiliated to the Hertfordshire Netball Association (and thence to the England Netball (EN)).
To plan and help with the growth and development of netball within the Welwyn Hatfield area
The following shall be eligible for ordinary membership of the League:
1. Netball Clubs
2. Youth Clubs
3. College of Education
The League should be governed by a Committee consisting of the elected officers:
Registration and Welfare Secretary
Stanborough Liaison Representative (this office can be held in addition to one of the other offices)
This Committee will be known as the Executive Committee and will make decisions on urgent matters.
A full Committee will consist of the Executive Committee members plus 1 representative from each team.
The Executive Committee shall have power to co-opt not more than three members with power to vote. Club secretaries are to be notified of General Meetings. All officers shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Officers standing for re-election do not require re-nomination. The Secretary should be notified a week before the AGM of any nomination for Officers.
5. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The AGM shall be held before the first week in September.
One representative from each team shall attend.
Voting: One representative from each affiliated team. Voting shall be by a show of hands.
6. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
An Extraordinary General Meeting may be convened at the request in writing from the Captains of two affiliated clubs or at the request of the Executive Committee.
No alteration shall be made in the Constitution except at an Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting. Proposed alterations must be notified to the secretary one month before the meeting. Any changes to the Constitution require a two-thirds majority vote.
8. LEAGUE COMMITTEE MEETINGS
A Committee Meeting shall be convened:
a. Not less than 2 monthly
b. At the request in writing from the Captains of two affiliated clubs
c. To investigate written complaints
d. One representative from each team shall attend.
9. Voting: One representative from each affiliated team (if necessary the casting vote may be made by the Chairman). Voting shall be by a show of hands.
10. The League fees shall be determined by the Treasurer and formally approved by the Executive Committee.
All players shall be affiliated to the EN and to Hertfordshire County Netball Association. These fees determined by the Associations.
11. All funds or other property of the League shall not be paid or distributed among the members of the League but shall be applied towards the furtherance of the League Objectives or for any charitable purposes.
12. In the event of dissolution of the League, the funds remaining will be paid to Herts County Netball Association to be used at their discretion.
Honorary officers and members of the Executive Committee and its Sub-Committees shall be indemnified by the League against all costs and losses for which may become liable by reason of any duty performed for or with the authority of the Executive Committee.
This Constitution cancels all previous League Constitutions and shall take effect from the Annual General Meeting held on 10th May 2018.